How credit card scanning services can protect your business from cybercrime & fraud
If you’re a business that accepts credit card transactions you want to ensure that your customer data is protected and by virtue of which, that your company’s brand is protected.
In addition to which it’s important to know what is the best way for your company to meet the latest credit card processing security standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards v3.1).
A reliable credit card scanning service is vital in the achievement of both of these objectives, as they can scan in real time a diverse range of systems to identify unprotected customer card data, in so doing providing critical proactive alerts to your team. Thereby facilitating the prioritization and protection of your customer’s credit card data.
This proactive alerting is also extremely valuable in terms of the maintenance of ongoing security and PCI DSS compliance, as it enables companies to be proactive in their security position while also enabling the delegation and governance of customer security across departments or business units.
The IP Solutions enterprise scanning service periodically scans a diverse range of systems for unprotected data, in addition to which it generates management reports and alerts.
Proactive credit card scanning & security is relevant to your business if you accept credit card transactions from your customers as it can be used to: reduce the risk of brand exposure; reduce the risk of fraud and its associated costs; and it can reduce the risk of penalties, fines and the legal costs associated with lax security practices.
Card scanning services can be deployed to continually scan for card data. If it finds sensitive data, the system can then perform a number of actions, including alerting administrators to the presence and location of the data, and in certain situations resolve the risk by masking or deleting.
Scanning tools are invaluable at the outset of any credit card security compliance project and to ensure compliance is maintained after security certification is achieved. Advanced card scanning and cloud based tokenization can be used to:
- Ensure no card data is stored within your systems as credit card data is replaced by none financially sensitive tokens.
- As such if you are the victim of a data breach, credit card data is protected.
- With automated periodic scanning ensuring that no unprotected card data inadvertently enters your systems.
Cloud-based tokenization offers the following benefits:
- Cloud-based tokenization is effective in lowering the costs, risks and lead times associated with becoming PCI DSS compliant;
- It removes the need to store credit card data for charge backs, customer service and recurring billing;
- It lowers the costs of ongoing compliance and QSA (Qualified Security Assessor) certification;
- Can be used with multi-bank and multi-region processing;
- Tokens when deployed properly can be flexible and responsive to the needs of your business, now and into the future.
The benefits of mandatory data breach notification laws in Australia
Mandatory data breach notification laws would result in greater security for Australians and improved protection of their sensitiveinformation. And it
Cost of data breach report (with Australian Statistics)
Ponemon Institute 2013 Cost of Data Breach report The 2013 Cost of Data Breach report published by the Ponemon Institute (sponsored by Symantec) revea
Credit card data discovery tools lay the foundation for good data security
Card Holder Data (CHD) discovery tools are becoming essential in identifying none secure sensitive data locations. Since December 2013, a series of da